Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day 96: Rebuilding

The minichooser is done! It's tiny and choosing things.

I also fixed a few bugs, the upside of which is that I made my first fully-playable mission today, a fedex mission to deliver cargo to the next planet over. Thus I begin work on #123: letting the player go to the first planet and actually get the mission.

This presented me with a dilemma: I needed to write the "Mission Computer" dialog. I've written a number of dialogs like these before, and in pretty much all cases they're going to be phased out for the MiniBuilder and a new 'multiple add' dialog for it. So I could write something working right now based on the old framework and transition it, or I could put #123 on hold and create the new framework.

If you've been reading the blog so far, you'll know I'm a sucker for making changes unrelated to my current objective, so "On hold" it is! I created #130 for the new-and-improved builder. It'll essentially look like an FTP client, and will make moving multiple items to/from something very easy. The 'add' button on the minibuilder will use this, and once it's done, adding missions will be very simple indeed!

No comments: