Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Day 117: Caret

Short blog today, as I'm still not feeling so hot. And I ought to, considering that it's 90 freaking degrees outside.

Today I got 'home' and 'end' to go to the beginning and end of line. I got the editor to correctly recognize more than one return character (this was also causing off-by-one errors when it wasn't working). It turns out that String::split will ignore trailing whitespace unless you tell it not to. Yes, I know the docs I just linked to say that, but I hadn't considered looking there until things weren't going right.

Programming Tip of the Day: Read the Fine Manual.

Other work includes interpreting mouse clicks and positioning the cursor appropriately. After that I did arrow up and arrow down; the clicking was needed because I simulate moving the caret up by pretending there's a click on the line above the current one. This works remarkably well.

Back to sleep!

No comments: