Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Day 143: Addons

First, the huge news: #149 is done!

Okay, that's not huge news. As alluded to before, I've been planning to remove ERB for a while. Today, I wanted to blow another 15 minutes. Thus, an easy ticket (which turned out to actually be easy) was closed.

In more important development related news, #156 was also closed today. That's the Addon tutorial. It took surprisingly long because, as I was testing the tutorial module I asked myself "Self, what if I set out to specifically disregard the tutorial's instructions."

It breaks things, is what!

I had to create a new condition that would check if you'd actually finished a mission, just for this. Now all the tutorial missions are only awarded if you've finished their prerequisite mission. I expect that condition to be handy for multi-mission story arcs, and now you don't have to use flags (which are a pain) to do the same thing.

Finally, I made ticket #170 because it occurred to me that maybe - perhaps - a small minority of players could, at some point in their gameplay experience, want to buy a new ship.

Yeah. I forgot about that until now.

No comments: