Monday, August 25, 2008

Day 226: The Coming Storm

Instead of doing all that releasey stuff I mentioned yesterday, I instead started creating the map for the module I intend to include with the game when it ships.

It was yesterday, actually, that I started writing up the outline, and three hours later it was included; those who don't want the plot spoiled for them should avoid poking around too deeply in the Github repository.

Oh, did I mention? Kuiper's on Github now. It's nice having a backup of my work that's not just another machine in my house. Right now if you want to play the game, you'll have to use Rubygame's 2.4-dev branch, and to be perfectly honest I haven't exactly tried downloading it and integrating with it. That's a task for Soon(tm).

Anyway, the point of the post is that the new module is called, creatively enough, "The Coming Storm". The short description is:

Humanity is alone among the stars and, as always when humanity has only itself to deal with, war is constant. An inner circle of systems are allied against separatist rebels who seek their independence. It would be a tale told a thousand times, if there were not much worse in store....


Yeah? Seemed like I was going to go with a typical empire vs. rebels thing there, but then I promised it totally wouldn't go down that way! Remember that when you're playing Part I and being all like "This is a typical empire vs. rebels thing!"

No comments: