Saturday, November 29, 2008

Day 322: The End is Nigh

National Game Finishing Month is nearly over. Tomorrow I plan to do a marathon of getting stuff into the system then blog resignedly about it. Today, however, was all work.

Specifically, I animated the rest of the ships. Then I created the standard ones in-game, and used Mass Distribution to push them out to every standard planet in the galaxy.

High profile things left to do:

  • Random Missions should use labels: The mission system in general could use an overhaul to use the labels, too. It'd be handy for an "are we there yet" check to include "anywhere with this label" as a satisfying condition.

  • Fleets: Once I have the ships done, I need to put the patrols, pirates, traders, visitors, etc, in their place so they'll show up in the sectors they're supposed to.

  • Alliance/Rebel weaponry: The war-fighters should have better weapons than you as a regular pilot should get (but you can get them later, when you join)

  • Alliance Ships: The alliance has three ships specific to them.

  • Rebel Ships: Likewise, the rebellion also has ships just for themselves.

  • Standard Addons: I don't think I'll have faction-specific addons unless I really get inspired.

  • Random Missions: These are essentially the filler of the game.

  • Scientist Scout Missions: This is the essense of the plot for the entire game, right here.

  • Alliance/Rebel Scout Missions: The only thing close to a major sidequest, this is the initial alliance/rebel war.

No comments: