Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Day 319: Blockified

Every single time I do graphics for anything, I have to re-teach myself Blender, which I'm actually somewhat decent at. It turns out my wife has an eye for what would make spaceships look even better, so I've created quite a few. I should now have every ship I need.

I rendered all 36 frames of one of the ships before remembering that I had no way to change the 36 individual .png files into the one giant .png file that the engine could handle. I've written this script easily twice before (once for TraderMissions, and once more for a pyweek competition). But I couldn't locate the first script, and the second one wasn't suited to my current engine. So I had to, once again, write the script.

It was an easy task, for once. blockify.rb is a pretty brittle utility without a lot of other uses, but it gets the job done and hopefully I won't have to re-write it next time I need it!

No comments: