Saturday, November 1, 2008

Day 294: NaGaFiMo

It's National Game Finishing Month!

My next big part of the game to do is mess with the XML some more - specifically, making it look sane as I advocated a few entries ago. But that would require me to muck with XML again and after the nightmare it was last time, I declined to do so.

Instead, I closed out some old improvements I'd been meaning to do for a while:

  • Ownership: The player will now see what faction his/her target belongs to.

  • Fuel Regeneration: By default, fuel will now (extremely) slowly regenerate now. So if you're stuck out in the middle of nowhere with no fuel, you can just wait. It'd probably still be faster to save your game and change your ship's 'fuel' value in the XML, but now people less inclined toward cheating can continue to play.

  • Description Comments: Sometimes I want to remember something about a planet or sector, i.e. "This is the place where Act I ends". There's no place for comments, so instead of taking the easy route and making a do-nothing 'comments' field, I made it so any string surrounded by /* ... */ would not appear if the game wasn't in edit mode. Instant comments!



I've got to get to that XML at some point, though....

No comments: